For the upcoming “Christmas vacations”, like we call them in Venezuela, or “Winter break”, like we call them in the USA; I thought of providing an unusual and fun touch for my family’s seasonal snacks and desserts. And that is because I will incorporate the Honey Bunches of Oats® to them. Part of the reason is because we absolutely love the Honey Bunches of Oats® (… and who doesn’t?!) and because we do have a bunch of ‘em after we took advantage of the coupon that can be found here. Also, we are counting the days until the release of the SING© movie. Below I’ll tell you why is that.
But first, let me tell you how to make the snack I designed for the holidays: Liquid Yogurt Cereal Gelatin
- 1 box of Honey Bunches of Oats® cereal
- 2 packs of strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups of strawberry liquid yogurt
Proceed to prepare the gelatin according to the instructions in its box, but with an important substitution: at the step where you would usually add cold water, you will instead pour the liquid yogurt. Finish the gelatin preparation by putting it in the fridge. You will notice that I put it in individual cups and other bowls, and they were stacked in odd angles, so as to add a fun twist to the final appearance. Finally, when the gelatin is solid, put the cereal on top, and enjoy!
This is a very easy recipe, one of those that the children can help making! It’s also versatile because you can experiment with different flavors and varieties of Honey Bunches of Oats® cereal and the other ingredients.
For us, it’s going to be great to eat the resulting Liquid Yogurt Cereal Gelatin, while we do some of the typical things that have become traditions for us in these times of the year, like:
- Decorate our home with the Christmas tree and the Nativity scene, and
- Prepare the traditional Venezuelan Christmas food (it involves such a long process before it’s ready that we could not survive it without snacking :) )
… Or, most definitely while we super anxiously wait for some things to happen in a given date, like:
- The release of the SING© movie!!!! Which we are going to watch in cinemas when it opens, on December 21st.
Waiting for @SingMovie is going to be super easy thanks to this Honey Bunches of Oats® recipe ;) but it will also undoubtedly going to be a very dramatic and momentous occasion, because on top of the fact that we are learning about the different characters -with the trivia that you can access using the codes in the cereal boxes- the same codes allow you get a chance to win a $100,000 grand prize and more. Could this be more awesome?!
|We got our stash of the wonderful Honey Bunches of Oats® at our local Target, in the Hot Cereal aisle. If you want |
to participate in the trivia and sweepstakes make sure to grab specifically the boxes with the @SingMovie theme.
- So! As you can see, the holidays in this 2016 are going to be loaded with good things, like:
- You can save big when you buy you Honey Bunches of Oats® by redeeming the Post Cereal Coupons.
- You can enter the SING© Sweepstakes for a chance to win a $100,000 grand prize AND chances to instantly win lots of other fine prizes like movie tickets, for example.
- You and your family can enjoy Honey Bunches of Oats® recipes like the one I just showed you.
- And you and your family can enjoy a jolly good time playing the SING© movie trivia and then watching it in cinemas on December 21.
The codes for the trivia and the sweepstakes can be found on the Honey Bunches of Oats® boxes with @SingMovie signs!
What are you waiting to go get your Post Cereals’ Honey Bunches of Oats® ?
IMPORTANT NOTE: we have to say the following about the sweepstakes:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Promotion starts 11/1/16 at 12:00 PM (noon) ET and ends 3/31/2017 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Open only to legal residents of the 50 US/DC, 18 years of age or older. See Oﬃcial Rules for instructions on how to enter, how to obtain codes without purchase, prize details, restrictions, odds of winning, etc. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor: Post Consumer Brands, LLC.